It is that frightfully wonderful time of year again! All Hallows Eve, and I just could not resist searching the internet for some of the best (or worst) Halloween riddles ever. If you find yourself groaning check to make sure you are alone in the room – it could be a ghoulish surprise. Enjoy and laugh a little because it is still the best medicine in the witch’s cauldron.
• What did one casket say to the other casket? “Is that you coffin?”
• What did the papa ghost say to the baby ghost? Fasten your sheet belt.
• What’s a vampire’s favorite fruit? A neck-tarine!
• What was the witch’s favorite subject in school? Spelling.
• Where do baby ghosts go during the day? Dayscare Centers
• Did you hear about the romance between the boy and girl vampire? Their love was in vein.
• What did the little ghost have in his rock collection? Tombstones.
• Did you hear about the ghost haunting the hen house? It was a poultry-geist!
• What do you get when you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its radius? Pumpkin Pi!
• What is a black cat’s favorite color? Purrrrrr-ple!
• What did the black cat have for breakfast? Mice Crispies!
• What do you call the black cat that was caught by the police? The purrpatrator!
• Did you hear about the black cat who swallowed the ball of orange yarn? She had Halloween mittens!
• What’s the difference between a black cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other a pause at the end of the clause!
• Where does a black cat go when it loses its tail? The retail store!
• How do black cats end a fight? They hiss and make up!
• Why don’t black cats play poker in the jungle? Too many cheetahs!
• How did the little Scottish dog feel when he went pass the haunted house? Terrier-fied!
• What is one room a ghost never goes in a haunted house? The living room!
• What do you get when a ghost goes into a freezer? A sheet of ice!
• A teenage ghost comes back home after a good night out scaring people to death and says “I’m so hungry, I’m dying here!” Mum replies…you did that already!”
• Who turns the lights off at Halloween? The light’s witch!
• Why was the witch late for the party? She’d lost her witch-watch!
• What do you call a witch who likes the beach but is scared of the water? A chicken sandwitch!
• What do you call two witches who share a broom stick? Broom mates!
• Why did the witch keep turning into Mickey Mouse? She kept having Disney spells!
• Which story do all little witches love to hear at bedtime? “Ghoul Deluxe and the Three Scares.”
Join Us! November 6th at Boston Pizza! Community Care for South Hastings is hosting a fundraiser for United Way Hastings & Prince Edward. Bring your family and friends because 10 percent of all the food sales will be donated to our local United Way.
While you are at it, hold the date! November 24th at the Beaufort Pub. I hear the “King” is very much alive and will be helping CCSH raise funds for United Way Hastings & Prince Edward. Slip on your ‘blue suede shoes’ and join us. 5 percent of ALL sales benefit our local United Way.