Tis the time of year when a generous portion of the population grabs their backpack and heads back to an institution dedicated to education. These individuals range in age from 3 to 103 but all of them are interested in learning and expanding their horizons. With this in mind, this column is dedicated to the “deep thinkers” among my readers as well as those whose response is “I never thought of that”. Here we go:
- Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?
- What if my dog only brings back my ball because he thinks I like throwing it?
- If poison expires, is it more poisonous or is it no longer poisonous?
- Which letter is silent in the word “Scent,” the S or the C?
- Why is the letter W, in English, called double U? Shouldn’t it be called double V?
- Maybe oxygen is slowly killing you and it just takes 75-100 years to fully work.
- Every time you clean something, you just make something else dirty.
- The word “swims” upside-down is still “swims”.
- Intentionally losing a game of rock, paper, and scissors is just as hard as trying to win.
- 100 years ago everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars. Today everyone has cars and only the rich own horses.
- Your future self is watching you right now through memories.
- The doctors that told Stephen Hawking he had two years to live in 1963 are probably dead.
- If you replace “W” with “T” in “What, Where and When”, you get the answer to each of them.
- Many animals probably need glasses, but nobody knows it.
- If you rip a hole in a net, there are actually fewer holes in it than there were before.
- If 2/2/22 falls on a Tuesday, we’ll just call it “2’s Day”. (It does fall on a Tuesday)
- 100 years ago a Twenty Dollar bill and a Twenty Dollar gold piece were interchangeable. Either one would buy a new suit, new shoes and a night on the town. The Twenty Dollar gold piece will still do that.
CCSH Annual General Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 1:00 pm at the CrossRoads to Care complex in the Bay View Mall in Belleville. If you are a member of the agency you are welcome to attend. Please call Lana at 613-969-0130 in order to reserve a seat at the meeting.
CCSH will be hosting a “55 Alive” driver refresher course on Wed. September 26th from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at their Belleville office. The program is facilitated by David Short who is a certified instructor through Canada Safety Council. Lunch, refreshments and course materials are provided for a small fee of $35.00. You can expect to:
- Gain more confidence behind the wheel
- Improve your awareness of traffic hazards
- Update yourself on traffic laws and new technology
- Anticipate the actions of other drivers
- Identify and correct bad driving habits
- Voice your concerns in a friendly, relaxed environment
Please call Lana at 613-969-0130 to register.
Information in this column is compiled by Shell-Lee Wert- Executive Director of CCSH, 470 Dundas Street East, Unit 63, Belleville, K8N 1G1. Please visit our website at https://www.ccsh.ca, or email me at email@example.com or check out our CCSH Facebook page, or call 613-969-0130 or 613-396-6591 for information and assistance. CCSH is a proud United Way member agency. Funding in part from the South East Local Health Integration Network